Original message:
Hi everyone So I’ve recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia it’s took many years to get this result, but now I have it’s hit me hard! People don’t seem to understand as it’s not a visual disability :(
Peer comment
Hey I'm about to self refer for the same thing. Well not yet diagnosed with FM so could be another cause however the resulting pain and depression is the same... I had the same teary conversation today that this isn't the life I want
Peer comment
I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia although I have suffered for years too. It is very difficult for others to understand. I am also finding it hard to not overdo things when I am having a bad day.
Peer comment
Its like FM coupled with mental health issues is like fighting two invisible wars that form an awful circle, i get asked, would you be happier without pain, i assume yes, its been that long i dont know. its so hard wanting to structure a route to feeling better but then never knowing day to day if youll feel ok to commit to a plan. i feel your pain
Peer comment
After years of going back and forth to GP I'm still not sure if its fibro/arthritis menopause or the fear of getting or passing on covid (All have some similarities)thats causing me anxiety,stress, physical pain, muscle/joint weakness in legs, high blood pressure and the feeling that I've lost the plot most of the time! I spend hours reading articles about all the above to try and understand. let's hope that sharing experiences will help raise awareness . It would be good if a more holistic approach can be given by GP's 🤞

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.