Original message:
Hi. I am 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve never suffered with depression before but right now I feel like I can’t cope. I’m no longer excited about my baby. I can’t motivate myself to do anything. My work is a mess, my house is a mess and it feels like my head is a mess. I feel guilty for being like this and putting my fiancé through this. We have argued about it lately. He thinks I’m being selfish but I can’t just ‘snap out’ of it. I cry all the time and nothing I do seems to make me any better. I feel embarrassed about speaking to someone because right now this should be the happiest time of my life. But all i feel is guilt and sadness.
Peer comment
Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry that you are feeling low at the moment. With your body changing so much and your hormones it can be difficult to deal with. Do you have a good support group partner/friends/family and someone you can talk to who won’t judge you for how you’re feeling? Pregnancy can be tough, it’s not all smiles and happiness like some people make out. It can also be overwhelming and scary especially for a first time mum! You aren’t alone in this.

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.