Original message:

I need help as I’m always feeling low an and anxious about my whole life, every aspect of my life is completely ruined, housing, employment my health, family life , debt etc. I don’t/ Carnot get to sleep at night as I just stress and become anxious all the time and I’ve lost a lot of weight as I just don’t eat and I never have food in the house to do so , I’m currently on benefits which is is embarrasing as I feel I should be at work but I carnt even answer my phone answer the door and any mail I get is just bills wanting money I just don’t have. I just want to hide away but this just isn’t working for me, when I do get to sleep and wake up I instantly feel like crap and wish I could sleep al the time as everyday feels like torture. I have children with my ex partner but hardly ever see them or contribute to their life’s, I lived alone for two years and my kids have never even been to my house as I just don’t have much furniture and I’m embarrassed for them to see how I live so it’s easier for them not to come here. Yes I believe we’ve all got problems in our life’s but I just. carnt get my head around getting things sorted or how to do it, hence I prefer to hide away? Home life is rubbish I don’t even watch tv as I don’t have an Arial so carnt, I don’t have a cooker so I couldn’t make a meal even if I wanted to I’m just stuck in this place with as I feel no hope. I’ve pulled at least 5 of my own teeth out as I carnt get see a dentist which again I don’t want people to see me. If I do have an appointment etc , I miss them as I carnt find anything to wear or just make excuses not to go ??? What is wrong with me ? My life is pathetic and I feel I’m not living just existing, waiting for something to happen. I’m writing this at 05:15 as I couldn’t get to sleep again

Peer comment
You’re not alone in those feelings. If you asked those around you, and they were honest, everyone feels how you feel to a degree. Lack of control can make everything seem a little hopeless. I like to make lists ... maybe you could when you can sleep. The list is the step of taking control for me. I acknowledge what I need to do and then start doing the easier stuff. That makes me feel better as I have finished stuff and proven to myself that I am capable of completing stuff. It makes me feel better, which helps to motivate me to try the more difficult tasks. And, by completing the smaller tasks, I start to think more about problem solving which helps me to tackle the bigger tasks. I then tick those things off the list and it feels good. Sometimes I write a summary of what I have achieved that day and it shows me that my time hasn’t been wasted and that I’m in a better position than I was yesterday. It’s a long process, but you are much more capable than you realise and, deep down, you know that you are very capable.

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.