Original message:
Hi I suffer with health anxiety and the past few weeks have really tested me, I get so many random symptoms that scare me I automatically think I've got cancer going on somewhere I try to get a gp appointment but everytime I call they have nothing I really need help but I cant get it I have do many things going on I just can't cope or function well at all
Peer comment
I would ask myself, what evidence I have to think these things, are my thoughts realistic and what could I do to calm myself. I have had similar issues and felt they were unmanageable, it took time and practice to change, it didn't happen over night. I got help from this service and worked through my issues. Believe me I know it isn't easy, but give yourself time and don't be too hard on yourself. I wish you well
Peer comment
Hi i have been feeling low for quite a while now, just like you, & i didn't know how to express how I'm feeling or even a name for how I'm feeling, then i saw the term health anxiety & i read the above article, & thought that's how i feel, i do have d few health problems of which I'm on meds for, but their is a couple of things i haven't spoke about, because I'm scared , i know its stupid but I'm not good with hospitals & doctors & really expressing myself, i kind of hope things will right themselves, I'm not sure I'm making any sense, i have come to this site because the doctor said you can get help here.

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.