Original message:
Too scared to ring and talk to someone from the wellbeing service. I've never been right since i lost my brother and brother in law to suicide and my best friend to cancer, ive had covid x 2, I feel constantly drained all the time, physically and mentally, can't concentrate on anything, ive started having bouts of sleep phoralasis, anxious and feel depressed and angry a lot, feel locked in and nowhere to run.
Peer comment
Some time ago I went through a really rough patch ending in me planning to take my own life, I saw no way out and the strain was too much, every day felt like wading through treacle. Thankfully I didn't go through with it and I listened to my family and sought help. I was referred to the Stafford and Stoke-on-Trent Wellbeing service by my doctor but you can self refer. I would encourage anyone to do this, my counsellor was kind, caring and understanding, never pushed me to go faster than I was comfortable with, the power of being listened to is an amazing experience. This was just after the main lockdowns of Covid so thankfully could see someone face to face and I started to see it as my safe space, it became somewhere I actually looked forward to going, week by week I would feel a little better and things started to look up. I never really believed that counselling was for me, I couldn't really see how it could worked but I was so wrong. You have been through trauma after trauma and it's not surprising you are struggling with this. Just being able to offload some of the hurt and pain helps so very much. Please don't be scared, pick up the phone and talk to someone, it changed my life. I honestly think it could change yours too.

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.