Original message:
I am currently suffering with what I feel like are bouts of anxiety and maybe depression, I also find that I cry more often than considered normal and I can never hold the crying back no matter how much I try. I am also unsure on how to best help my alcoholic mother which causes a lot of tension at home. Would it be best referring myself and which service should I refer to?
Wellbeing Team


Thank you for your message. It sounds like you are having a difficult time at the moment. Please feel free to self-refer into our service - you can do this on the website by web referral or you can call us on 01782 711651. Lines are open monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm. 

Below are some helpline numbers in case you need some support in the meantime:

The Samaritans (24/7) 116 123

Mental health helpline (Monday to Friday 7.00pm antil 2.00am and Saturdays and Sundays 2.00pm until 2.00am) 0808 800 2234.

You can add your anonymous comment to this conversation. It will have to be approved by our staff before it will appear here.